I made these beautiful pancakes for my Mum’s birthday today. They were so light and fluffy and filling! We topped ours with natural yoghurt, berries, rice malt syrup and some lemon juice.
Makes: ~4 pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 mins per pancake
1 Cup Gluten-free self-raising flour
¼ Cup of almonds / almond meal
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Rice Malt Syrup
1 Cup Almond Milk
¼- ½ Cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Place almonds in blender and blitz until meal (if haven’t already)
- Combine almond meal, gluten-free flour and Cinnamon
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl, and spoon out the egg yolk into the combined dry ingredients mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites (either by hand or with an electric whisk) until light and frothy
- Add the egg yolks to the egg whites and whisk, then add almond milk and rice malt syrup
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until combined
- Once combined, mix in the blue berries.
- Put a sauce pan on medium heat and poor mixture on (will make roughly 4 medium sized pancakes)
- Mixture takes ~3 minutes each side (~6 mins a pancake) to cook. Although make sure you keep checking as different stoves / pans will cook differently.
You can use plain flour, however not quite as light and fluffy. Still tastes good though.
You can use other types of milk however may need to change the proportion of milk to dry ingredients