Healthified brownies! These are completely healthy, tummy-friendly and fructose-free brownies. They were a huge hit with my family, even for those members who don't usualy enjoy my healthified creations - and I quote "they taste like chocolate lamingtoms". This was by far my achievement of the week. I initially made these using coconut sugar and normal gluten-free flour, but found that they still were too 'heavy' and made me feel a bit tired and sick. So I made this batch as tummy-friendly and healthy as possible (while still making them taste good of course). I have been eating them for breakfast the last few days and feel amazing!
Makes: 20 small brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
1 ½ Cups dessicated coconut blended into a flour consistency (DON'T use coconut flour as it is very drying and needs a lot more liquid ingredients) + extra for dusting
½ Cup Almond Meal
1/3tsp baking powder
7Tbs (or 1/3 Cup + 2 tbs) Cacao Power
2/3 Cup Almond Milk
1 Cup Rice Malt Syrup
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
Pure stevia extract equivalent to 2 tsp of sugar**
**Note: check ingredients of stevia to make sure it is pure - often additives like ethanol or inulin can be added to make the stevia a 1:1 ratio with sugar. Pure stevia should be a lot less than sugar to be the equivalent sweetness. The stevia I use has an enclosed small scoop equivalent to 1 tsp of sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Combine dessicated coconut, almond meal, baking powder and cacao powder
- Add all wet ingredients (eggs, almond milk, rice malt syrup, coconut oil)
- Mix until ingredients are combined
- Line a tray with baking paper and poor mixture in
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a skewer in the middle of the mixture, if it comes out clean (i.e. no crumbs/mixture on it) then it is done.
- Wait until it cools then sprinkle extra desiccated coconut on top (optional)